Adults Support Worker E-Course
About the course
- About your tutor
- About your course
- What is “Developmental Psychology”?
- What is “Gerontology”?
- What we consider as “Old Age”
- What is “ageing” and how it happens
- Common stereotypes of older people
- How stereotyping affects older people
- Life stages and theories
- What do we look forward to in our older age?
Mental health and old age
- Memory-related issues
- Learning disabilities
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Chronic illness and disabilities
- Substance abuse (addictions)
The quality of life
- What is the quality of life
- Loneliness factors in the elderly population
- Coping with grief and bereavement
- Mild and severe depression
- Fear of dying (“death anxiety”)
Improving health and wellbeing
- The effects of exercising
- Is it worth eating “healthy” in older age?
- What else affects “health” and “wellbeing”?
Caring for older people
Certification: On successful completion of the course, you will be eligible to obtain a verifiable certificate as proof of your new qualification. This means that you/your employer can verify your qualification through Lead Academy website. Certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £10, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £24.(Payable at lead Academy Website)
How to redeem the course after purchase:
- Send your J MED Order email to email@example.com
- Register at https://lead-academy.org/my-account/
- You will receive the your course access in 24 hours from Lead Academy.
-Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.-
We Also Recommend
Buy 3 Get 1 Free: 3 Ply Disposable Face Mask with Luxury Brand Logo Print - 50 pcs.
Optitect 3 Ply Black Disposable Face Mask (Black & white inside)- 50 pcs.
3 Ply Disposable Face Mask with Luxury Brand Logo Print (10 pcs per pack)